Literacy Narrative Reflection Paper Rough Model

If I were going to construct a reflection paper for this literacy narrative assignment, this is somewhat connected to what it might look like.

When I was assigned this assignment, I could only think of two things, my favorite book from when I was little, “Goodnight Moon” and my 9th and 10th grade English teacher, Ms Morelli. It is these this person and this book that are the focus of my assignment. The genre of this assignment is literacy narrative. A literacy narrative is ______________ and my assignment follows the conventions of literacy narrative because it ________________. The media of this assignment is multimodal, both print and digital. The first part of this assignment, the draft work, had to be submitted to the professor  via email. Then we have to print out our revised copies and bring them in for a peer review workshop. The final drafts will be submitted in print. My stance on this assignment is that teachers can assist in more than just teaching. Their performance in the classroom can impact in ways that students are completely unaware of until they leave the classroom, and perhaps school. There are some teachers that are absolutely awful, and that must be considered as well, but as some students are resistant to asking teachers for help, it is usually the ones that are the most humane that leave the greatest mark on our lives. My initial audience is known, it is my professor and my classmates in the peer review session. But there is a chance I might submit this for publication in the campus literary magazine, and the English department’s annual essay content, as suggested by my professor. With these submissions my audience will grow to unknown, as the committees and readers of my work could range from other professors, to student editors, possibly librarians, and anyone else on these various selection committees. My purpose in writing this essay was to inform my reader the impact that my high school teacher had on me and how her positive influence fostered my intense enamoration with English and ultimately a career choice in teaching English. I also wanted to reinforce the importance of teachers over student experience. The exigence for this assignment comes from a photo of myself in junior year of high school with my English teacher. It was somewhat of a blooper photo, back when there were just actually digital and real cameras and not so sophisticated camera phones. We were posing for an actual, nice photo, and something interrupted us, I can’t recall what, but it caused us to make weird faces and of course the photo was snapped. We did re compose ourselves and take the standard, smile, say cheese, photo right after,  this is the photo I chose to frame to remember how much her silliness and her love for literature impacted my own. This photo sits on my desk and is a reminder of the teacher and woman I hope to become everyday I go to work to teach my own classes. I couldn’t choose anyone or anything else to compose my literacy narrative on. This assignment meets course learning outcomes one, two, and five. CLO 1 is _______________, and it meets it because ___________________. CLO 2 is ______________ and it meets it because ________________. CLO 5 is ________________ and it meets it because_________________.